Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Have you ever commented on the Gawker Media's sites, including
Lifehacker, Gizmodo, Gawker, Jezebel, io9, Jalopnik, Kotaku, Deadspin,
and Fleshbot? If so, you should change your password right now. It is
reported Gawker Media's servers were hacked, with 1.25 million accounts
posted to the Pirate Bay. The company has warned users to reset their
passwords, including on other sites, if they use the same passwords
One big lesson to be learned from the Gawker incident is that don't use the same password everywhere. Do you have the habit to use a same or similar password for several important accounts, even including your accounts in Windows 7 machine? If so, please reset Windows 7 password immediately to in case of the hidden security risk. You can see 3 ways listed below and learn how to reset Windows 7 password in different situations.
Way 1: Ctrl + Alt + Del
It is an easy and effective way to reset Windows 7 password with its old password remembered in seconds.
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to enter the following screen, then click Change a password
2. Type your old password, enter and confirm new password, and then hit Enter.
3. Click Ok when the message that the password has been changed appears.
Way 2: netplwiz
This approach works well if you need to reset Windows password with its original password forgotten or unknown. But it requires you to log on Windows 7 with another administrator account to recover forgotten Windows password.
1. Input netplwiz in the Start search box and press Enter.
2. Choose a user account and click Reset password button to reset its password.
3. Enter and confirm a new password for the selected account, and click OK to finish.
Way 3: Windows Password Breaker
You may restore to this method when your computer is locked with forgotten or unknown passwords, and you are unable to access it again.
Windows Password Breaker is a safe and reliable Windows password reset tool which can easily help users for Windows 7 password recovery, even if the computer is locked. With this tool, the first thing is to burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive in any accessible computer. Then
you can use the burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive to reset the password.
1. Download and install Windows Password Breaker.
2. Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3. Boot your locked computer form CD/DVD or USB.
4. Reset Windows 7 password to be empty.
So, if you have forgot your Windows 7 password or want to change it for a new one, you can follow the above steps, its an easy and efficient way to reset Windows 7 password.
Posted by yee lau on
Dec 25, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 09, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 04, 2015 | Samsung Tab Tablets & eReaders
Apr 21, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 10, 2010 | HTC Touch Diamond Smartphone
162 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!