Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Most of the people prefer
multitasking. The best way for that purpose is virtual desktops. Virtual
desktops provide the way to run many desktops at the same time on your desktop
computer or laptop. It is very easy to using switch button among the desktops.
The most important feature of virtual desktops is not included in Windows XP by
default. However, you can easily get virtual desktops on your Windows XP window.
You have just to do to get virtual desktops on Windows XP is to use software.
This software will provide you four desktops to use.
In order to get virtual desktops on Windows XP screen, you have to use Microsoft PowerToys download page.
Follow are the simple steps to get the virtual desktops:
1. for downloading Microsoft "PowerToys" Go to Microsoft "PowerToys" download page.
2. Then Choose DeskMan.exe from the list on the right side of the window.
3. That will allow you to download the file named DeskmanPowertoySetup.exe. Then Double-click on the file.
4. Then choose the option "Complete" for installing Microsoft PowerToys..
5. It will take little time to installation. Then right click on the taskbar at the bottom side of your screen.
6. Click on to Toolbars. Then you will see the other option known Desktop Manager.
7. Click on Desktop Manager Option.
8. Then you will see different color button. Every blue button will represents a unique desktop. By using the green button can be used to preview the four virtual desktops.
10. Right-click out of the buttons to see the various options for configuration.
Then you successfully see the preview of the virtual desktops:
Virtual desktops can prove that is to be very useful if you want to divide your applications.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Sep 29, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
183 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!