Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet

Using Bluetooth Technology to Connect Laptop and Cell Phone

Many of you get your mobile phone wet by one way or another. You worry as you mistakenly drop your mobile phone in water. It can also get wet if you are out in a heavy rain. However, there is no need to panic. It is possible to save your wet mobile phone by quickly repairing it. In order to save your mobile phone from water damage, you can consider these easy and simple solutions:
Act rapidly :
The first thing you have to do in order to save your wet mobile phone is to act rapidly. Quickly remove all the detachable parts as well as covers possible such as the back cover, battery, the SIM card, memory card etc. Next, take a piece of cloth or a tissue paper to wipe the excess water you are able to notice within the mobile phone. Make sure that you dry it completely. If you don' t do this, the water inside the mobile phone will begin to evaporate and gather in places which will be difficult to reach.
This will save your wet mobile phone and it will start working if it was under water for just a little while.
Using a hairdryer :
Take a hairdryer and begin drying the mobile phone while giving more consideration to the place where the battery is located. The battery housing usually consists of tiny holes to let in air (so giving more space for water) inside the mobile phone.
Make sure that you are not holding the hairdryer very near to the mobile phone. Keeping it too close to the mobile phone may harm the electrical mechanism of the mobile phone. Keep on drying the mobile phone from a safe distance for about twenty to thirty minutes.
If solution number 1 and solution number 2 don't work, try solution number 3.
Drying for a long time:
Take off the covers as well as battery from the mobile phone. Put the phone in a dry as well as warm place to let the water inside the phone evaporate gradually from the little holes in the mobile phone.

Posted by on

Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

my n900 nokia drop into water


Wet Cell Phone
Immediately remove the phone from the water, turn off the cell phone, remove the battery and SIM card. To dry out the cell phone put it in a large plastic bag with silica gel drying crystals then put it in a warm sunny place for several days or in front of a warm fan heater for several hours. Reassemble the phone and hope it will work properly again, but if does not work then it is faulty and you need a new cell phone.

Dec 12, 2012 | Nokia N900 Smartphone

1 Answer

I have nokia X6 mobile.My phone dropped in water today.I wipped of the water with towel well.Unfortunately unkowingly i tried to charge the and switch on the phone.at first it showed the display and then got switched off again.then it did not function.I worry if my phone had be short circuited and cannot be repaired.please advise.waiting for your response


It is highly probable you cell phone is beyond repair.
When you wet your cell, immediately remove the battery and SIM card, dry the phone as much as possible and place it in a warm place for several hours until it is completely dry. Replace the SIM card and battery, cross your fingers and hope your cell phone works as normal. If not then you need a new cell phone.

Aug 12, 2011 | Cell Phones

2 Answers

Samsung captivate got wet and now phone dosen't come on


Samsung captivate got wet and now phone dosen't turn on do not worry put out your sim card and memory card and battery put your mobile under table lamp 3 or 4 hours when the water is dry in your mobile put back battery sim and memory card back and turn it on i hope it work i think it is helpful to you please vote me thanks

Jun 28, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

dropped nokia E63 phone in water


Hi,

As the mobile is wet the circuit board inside the mobile will be fully wet. Due to this the connections between the circuits get connected (short circuited) and the mobile may behave in such a manner that it should not behave. NEVER put the wet mobile in charger even though it is dry and working properly. There may be water logs present in the mobile circuit which may be dangerous to the person who is using the mobile. It may lead to electric shock.

Take the mobile to the authorized dealer of your make and they will remove the water log from the mobile circuit board and it will be fine .I recommend you not to do this by yourself.

Thank You

Dec 05, 2010 | Nokia E63 Cell Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?

194 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14161 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Loading...