Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
BIOS PASSWORD ARE USED TO SECURE YOUR COMPUTER BY PREVENTING OTHER USERS TO ACCESS YOUR COMPUTER'S BIOS SETTING OR MAKING IT UNBOOTABLE REQUIRING PASSWORD.
But in some cases, some people forgot the password.
HERE ARE THE TRICKS AND TIPS ON HOW TO ACCESS THE BIOS/CMOS SETTING WHENEVER YOU FORGOT THE PASSWORD.
SOLUTION1. RESET THE BIOS PASSWORD USING DOS COMMAND PROMPT.
1. Go to start menu and choose RUN. For other operating system like Windows 7 and Vista, just use the search bar and type the command prompt. Right click mouse and run as administrator.
2. type the word "debug" and press enter
3. type the code "-o 70 2e" and press enter
4. type the code "-o 71 ff" and press enter
5. type the letter "q" and press enter
6. type the word "exit" and press enter
7. try to restart your computer and it will remove the bios password.
SOLUTION 2. TRICK THE COMPUTER TO GENERATE BIOS PASSWORD.
Some computer can generate bios password when you enter 3 different incorrect bios password. Below message will appear:
Password check failed
Fatal error...System halted.
Use the last line as password. CNU9117K31
SOLUTION 3. USE BACKDOOR PASSWORDS
AWARD SW, AWARD_SW, Award SW, AWARD PW, _award, awkward, J64, j256, j262, j332, j322, 01322222, 589589, 589721, 595595, 598598, HLT, SER, SKY_FOX, aLLy, aLLY, Condo, CONCAT, TTPTHA, aPAf, HLT, KDD, ZBAAACA, ZAAADA, ZJAAADC, djonet
AMI, A.M.I., AMI SW, AMI_SW, BIOS, PASSWORD, HEWITT RAND, Oder
VOBIS & IBM - merlin
Dell - Dell
Biostar - Biostar
Compaq - Compaq
Enox - xo11ne
Epox - central
Freetech - Posterie
IWill - iwill
Jetway - spooml
Packard Bell - bell9
QDI - QDI
Siemens - SKY_FOX
TMC - BIGO
Toshiba - Toshiba
In TOSHIBA BIOS, just hold left shift key during booting process.
For IBM APTIVA BIOS, press both mouse repeatedly during the boot.
SOLUTION 4. CLEARING THE CMOS JUMPER OR DIPSWITCH SETTING.
Go to your motherboard and look for jumper should be located near bios chips or near the battery. THere is usullay 3 pin switch two of them covered with this jumper.
1. Turn off your computer.
2. Unplug the power cable from the power supply unit.
3. Wait for 30 mins to be safe that your motherboard is fully discharged.
4. Locate the jumper.
5. If there is 3 pin switches, the jumper shows would be in 1-2 position. Just place it in 2-3 position with a few seconds and then return it back to normal position 1-2 position.
6. If there is only 2 pin switch, just remove the jumper with a few seconds and then place it back to normal.
7. Connect all the connection and restart your computer. It it will reset the bios setting.
SOLUTION 5. REMOVING THE CMOS BATTERY
If the jumper switch solution doesn't work, try this solution by removing the cmos battery.
1. Turn off your computer.
2. Remove power source cable.
3. Go to your motherboard and remove cmos battery.
4. Wait for 30 mins or more before returning it back.
5. Place the battery back correctly
6. Plug your power cable and start your computer and it is done.
GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR OTHERS.
Posted by Benjamin... on
Oct 28, 2014 | Maxell MAXDATA 503802 - FLIX8G HIGH-SPEED...
May 05, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Apr 16, 2013 | Lexmarkr X646E Multifunction Printer -...
Jun 20, 2012 | HP ProBook 4310s Notebook
4,348 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!