Tip & How-To about Cameras
Here is a Quick tutorial on replacing the LCD screen on a Nikon L18 Coolpix camera. You will need a few small tools and a replacement screen, of course, for this fix.
#0 Philips head screwdriver
1.4 mm Standard screwdriver
1. Start by taking the batteries out of the camera and closing the battery compartment.
2. Remove 6 Philips screws, 3 from the bottom, 1 from each side, and 1 under the AV out flap.
3. Open the battery compartment and gently pry the AV out side of the camera apart. It should snap apart along the seam in the middle. Use your standard screwdriver to pry the back cover off by working it along the seam. If you are worried about scratching the finish you could use the plastic knife once you have it started.
4. Remove the back cover exposing the screen. The screen sits in a metal chassis that holds it in place. Lift the screen from the AV out side of the camera. Under the screen is a ribbon that connects it to the camera. Disconnect the ribbon and remove the old screen.
5. Install the new screen by connecting the ribbon and seating it in its chassis. You can test the camera by installing the batteries and pushing power to see if it functions.
6. Place back cover carefully back over the screen before pressing it in place.
7. Screw it back together and start taking pictures again.
Good Luck and thanks for using Fixya
Posted by Kaufman605 on
is there some small spot on the screen or maybe some black thing. it is due to the lcd screen liquid leaks out.so the lcd seems so blurry.
Sep 15, 2011 | Nikon COOLPIX L18 Digital Camera
Jul 01, 2010 | Nikon COOLPIX L18 Digital Camera
Nov 04, 2008 | Nikon COOLPIX L18 Digital Camera
Jul 07, 2008 | Samsung Digimax S500 Digital Camera