Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Sometimes your computer might get to the point that you won't be able to do anything on it because it's infected with viruses and trojans. This is one of the worst infections you can get and you need to follow these steps in order to get rid of the infected files.
1. Download Hiren's Boot CD from a different computer if your doesn't work http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/Hirens.BootCD.12.0.zip
2. Burn it on a CD and then put the CD into the computer full with viruses
3. Boot from CD when prompted and from the CD menu select Mini XP which will load a mini copy of Windows XP onto your machine
4. After Windows has loaded, go to Hiren's Boot CD menu and from menu select Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Once Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is loaded, run a clean on your computer. This will temporary and hopefully forever will remove some of the trojans and the rogue antivirus
6. When the scan is finished click to remove the infected files and restart your computer. Don't forget to take out the CD
7. From the other computer download a FREE antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials from this link http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
8. Install it on the infected machine. Upon restart you will be able to do this, although the computer may be still infected. After installation of Microsoft Security Essentials, run a full computer scan to clean any infected files that weren't already removed
Posted by mariolands on
May 15, 2015 | Google Computers & Internet
Oct 20, 2014 | Samsung Galaxy Tab 4G 10-in 32GB White...
Sep 14, 2012 | Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E430 Laptop Computer
May 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
5,542 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!