Tip & How-To about Televison & Video
If you are not getting video from a VCR, 8MM camcorder, or Digital Video recorder camcorder but get audio, do the following:
1. Use a brand new tape - right out of the package and insert it into the drive.
2. Perform a record on the tape - set it to do a RECORD (not playback).
3. Allow it to complete through the entire tape without stopping.
4. Upon completion - allow it to rewind.
5. Insert a known good prerecorded tape and play - observe the image. If it's good, then the head was just dirty and is now clean.
You may perform the above as often as necessary without any damage to the device.
Posted by Rommel... on
May 25, 2010 | Sony Handycam CCD-TRV22 Camcorder
Jul 27, 2017 | Sony Handycam CCD-TRV11 8mm Analog...
Jul 15, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-TRV510 Digital Camcorder
Sep 06, 2005 | Samsung DouCam VP-D5000i Mini DV Digital...
1,812 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!