Hi. Thanks for looking.
I have a friend who had this problem just few days ago.He inspired me to write this. What do I do when somebody just gave me film a DVD rip or Xvid some Dvix video in .avi format and it just won't play on my computer? This normally happens after you returned your PC to factory settings or formatted hard drive and got fresh operation system.You can probably hear sound but no picture at all.
- This means that you are missing codecs on your machine. Codecs are simply talking little programs that tell players how to read video files. There will be different codecs for different operation systems.
So if you have that problem this tip is for you.
- When using Windows XP please follow these steps:
- Go to this website---> http://www.xpcodecpack.com/download
- Click on the download link once your on the website and yourdownload should start immediately. Choose to open the file once you downloaded it.Your installation should only take a minute. Once you're finished with installation restart your computer and you should be good to watch your movie.
- When using Windows Vista please follow these steps;
- Go to this website----> http://www.free-codecs.com/vista_codec_package_download.htm
- Click on the download link and choose to save file when prompted. Once download has finished go to folder where it's been saved and double click file to start installation. Once installed restart your computer. You should be good to watch your film once restarted.
- When using Windows 7 follow these steps.
- Go to this website---> http://www.windows7codecs.com/
- Once on website click on download link on the left. Choose to save the file when prompted. Go to the folder where you file's been saved once download has finished. Lunch setup file. Once installation is finished restart your PC. You should be good to go when you start your machine again.
Thanks for reading. I hope this helped you if you had this problem. Feel free to ask questions on FixYa. We are here to help you.
sound but no video, video won't play, new film will not work, player problem