Instructions for unlocking BlackBerry Curve 8520 in UnlockGenie.com
Warning! The Wireless
Mode MUST BE OFF before performing the given SIM Unlock instructions
in order to avoid causing the device from becoming defective.
How to turn Wireless Mode Off:
1. Scroll to the Airplane Icon (Turn Wireless Off.)
2. Press Select.
3. Wireless Mode will turn off.
How to SIM Unlock the device:
1. Go to the "Options" screen
2. Select the "SIM Card" option
3. Type ALT-MEPD (hold ALT key while typing the 4 Letters, M-E-P-D)
4. Release the ALT key; it should then display a list "SIM, Network, Network Subset, etc..."
5. To select "Network" type ALT-MEPE (since E is the Key that gives 2 when shifted)
6. Release the ALT key, it should then ask for the code
7. Enter the unlock code provided.
Note: In case of difficulties when entering the code please try the alternative instructions below:
Alternative Instructions how to enter the unlock code.
***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps. We
recommend using the SIM card that your phone is currently working with
1. Go to settings
2. Go to options
3. Go to advanced options
4. Go to SIM card
5. Type MEPD (not case sensitive) (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
6. Does it say Network active? If so your phone is locked
7. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE (not case sensitive) (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
8. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the 16 digit unlock code, press in the jog dial to confirm
9. Your phone is now unlocked