Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Here is an essay which will introduce something about SQL Server
password such as the policy of what kind of the SQL SA password should
be, and also how to reset the SQL password.
I. Policy of SQL Server password
Password complexity policies are designed to deter brute force attacks by increasing the number of possible passwords. When password complexity policy is enforced, new passwords must meet the following guidelines:
1. The password does not contain all or part of the account name of the user. Part of an account name is defined as three or more consecutive alphanumeric characters delimited on both ends by white space such as space, tab, and return, and any of the following characters: comma (,), period (.), hyphen (-), underscore (_), or number sign (#).
2. The password is at least eight characters long.
3. The password contains characters from three of the following four categories:
* Latin uppercase letters (A through Z)
* Latin lowercase letters (a through z)
* Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
* Non-alphanumeric characters such as: exclamation point (!), dollar sign ($), number sign (#), or percent (%).
Passwords can be up to 128 characters long. You should use passwords that are as long and complex as possible.
II. Reset SQL SA Password
1. Way to change the known sa password to a complex one
Step 1: Run command prompt when you have made sure the SQL has been connected.
Step 2: Type in the following command and then press Enter
osql -U sa
Step 3: Type in the command as the following shows to change the password and then press Enter
Sp_password @old = null, @new = 'complexpwd', @loginame='sa'
2. Use MS SQL Server Password Unlocker to reset the unknown sa password
As we suggested in the policy of the SQL SA password, the password should be as long and complex as possible then it would be easy to lead a serious problem -- forget SQL password. So here we also need to know some convenient tool to reset the forgotten SQL Server password. And following is an efficient tool which you can use -- MS SQL Server Password Unlocker.
MS SQL Server Password Unlocker supports MS SQL Server and MS SQL Server Express 2000/2005/2008 SQL password recovery. Also it is known for the clear and interactive of the design. You can use this tool to reset your SQL password instantly within a few steps.
Step 1: Download MS SQL Server Password Unlocker on your local PC, install and launch it.
Step 2: Click the Open button to import the file of master.mdf.
Step 3: Select the SA account and then click Change Password button.
Step 4: Enter your new password and click OK. Your SA password will be reset.
You may have a check on the website to see how bright the interface is.Also MS SQL Server Password Unlocker would support you whenever you get any questions about the program as they got the most patient customer service and professional technical supporting.
For more info please visit: http://www.passwordunlocker.com/sql-server-password-recovery.html
Posted by yee lau on
Jul 04, 2014 | Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise...
Jun 27, 2014 | Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise...
181 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!