Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
Depending on printer brand and model, there are lots of ciss (continuous ink supply system) solutions to buy.
Bare in mind, though, if you are planning to use printer heavily, there are other considerations you should think about:
1. If not used regularly, an air bubble may occur and it takes a while to pop it up. Also ink may dry in certain area and it's a mess to resolve.
2. The ink supply (depending on supplier) may not be good as the original; color depth and durability wise.
3. Cartridge recognition problems may occur from time to another, so it must be removed and inserted again.
4. CISS system usually have a chip to fool the printer and it may fail with any liquid contact.
5. ink pad inside printer fills quickly on heavy use, thus its wise to direct the pipe into an external tank (found inside and in the back of printer for Epsons)
In conclusion, if you intend to have more than 100 pages/month, consider compatibles or refillable cartridges. ciss is good for +200 pages/month.
e.g. (epson rx685 blanks out all 6 cartridges except for the black after 10x15 photo's in with high quality enabled)
Please note that these tips are based on experience with 4-6 cartridge systems for Canon and Epson printers.
If you find this informative, kindly vote positively for me to continue sharing. Good luck and thanks.
Posted by nadir... on
Jun 23, 2011 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 21, 2009 | Epson Stylus C86 InkJet Printer
Dec 25, 2008 | Epson Stylus DX4850 All-In-One InkJet...
298 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!