Tip & How-To about Acer Aspire One Netbook
1) Format a USB memory key with the FAT mode.
2) Download the latest version of the BIOS from Acer support website:
Aspire One A110 download Site : CLICK HERE
If the options are disabeled try the: Additional downloads may be available on our FTP site link @ the bottom of the page.
3) Extract the files from the zip and put both FLASHIT.EXE and the BIOS file into a new folder on the memory stick,then rename the folder "root directory"
4) Rename the BIOS file to ZG5IA32.FD and then remove the disk.
5) Turn the machine off, insert the battery and connect the AC adapter.
6) Insert the USB Memory Stick into one of the USB port of the Aspire One.
7) Press Fn+Esc, keep it pressed and press the power button to turn the machine on.
8) Release Fn+Esc after a few seconds, the power button will be blinking.
9) Press the power button once. The machine will start the BIOS flash, do not interrupt for any reason. After some minutes the power button will stop blinking, and then the machine will reboot. Wait till the machine has completed all this operations.
If everything has gone right, the BIOS is flashed and all the settings should be reset to default.
Posted by T-Comtech... on
Dec 10, 2014 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 22, 2014 | Acer Aspire X3200 PC Desktop
Dec 18, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 28, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
May 13, 2010 | Acer Aspire One AOA150-1570 Notebook PC
3,753 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!