Tip & How-To about Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Here are the steps to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta from the computer:
Note: These steps are only for Windows XP with Service Pack 3.
1) Click on Start, click on my computer.
2) Browse to C:\WINDOWS\
Note: You will have to unhide the files and folders:
1. Start Windows Explorer. To do this, click Start, click Run, type userinit.exe , and then click OK.
2. Click Tools, and then click Folder Options.
3. Click the View tab.
4. Click Advanced Settings.
5. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders, click to clear the Hide Protected Operating System files (recommended) check box, and then click OK.
3) Double click on the folder “ie8′.
4) Double click on the folder “spuninst”.
5) Double click on the executable “spuninst.exe”.
Follow the prompts and then click on “Finish” to restart the computer.
Your Internet Explorer will roll back to the previous version (IE7 or IE6).
Posted by Balasubram... on
Dec 05, 2010 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jul 30, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1720 17" Widescreen...
Apr 27, 2010 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Nov 06, 2008 | Compaq Presario Notebook
1,002 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!