Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Some simple ways to protect your SQL Server database
1. Using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) to assess the server's security
MBSA is one of a variety of Microsoft products, which can scan unsafe configuration tools. It can be run locally; you can also run through the network.
2. Isolate your server and regularly back up
Physical and logical isolation would form the basis of SQL Server security. Database should be installed within the enterprise network security area, but not directly connected to the Internet. Back up all data regularly and store copies in a safe location outside the site.
3. Assign a strong SA password for a SA account
SA account should always have a strong password, even if Windows is configured to require authentication of the server. This will ensure that the server has been reconfigured in the future as Mixed Mode authentication; it will not appear blank or weak SA.
4. Restrict the permissions SQL Server service
SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server Agent is running as a Windows service. Each service must be associated with a Windows account, and derive from this account security context. SA log in SQL Server allows the user (sometimes including other users) to access the operating system features.
About reset SA password in SQL 2008/2005/2000
To secure our database we would like to choose create an intricate password. But even our selves would forget the SA password in SQL Server 2005/2008 sometimes. So here is a way for you to reset SQL Server 2005 password -- MS SQL Server Password Unlocker, which is a highly A Highly Technical and Safe SQL password 2005 Recovery tool. And following is a few features of the tool.
* Support SQL Server password recovery for MS SQL Server and MS SQL Server Express 2008/2005/2000
* No need to install MS SQL Server on your PC or lose data, the file master.mdf format is necessary
* Stop and resume MS SQL service automatically if the MS SQL Server on your PC is running
* Reset SQL password with ease no matter how long and complicated the SQL password is
* Easy to use
The most of people who encountered with SQL 2005 password losing problems are getting back to their SQL account now. We can also feel that ease and the hilarious mood when a hard nut has been cracked. Hope this MS SQL Server Password Unlocker would help more people and get their trouble erased.
Posted by yee lau on
Apr 26, 2015 | Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Full...
Aug 30, 2007 | Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition...
179 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!