Tip & How-To about Mozilla Firefox
How to Fix for Slow or Choppy Scrolling web pages in Mozilla Firefox 3
There is a way to fix this problem though.
1. Close Firefox 3 and navigate to the chrome folder. The location may vary. Mine was located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\randomvalue\chrome
2. Right click the file userContent-example.css and select Rename.
3. Take out the -example to give the file a name of userContent.css.
4. Open userContent.css in Notepad.
5. Copy and paste the following code at the end of the file:
/* Smooth Scrolling: Disable Fixed Background Images */
background-attachment: scroll !important;
6. Save and close Notepad.
Now give Firefox 3 a shot. Hopefully the scrolling is quicker and smoother.
Source: Fix Firefox 3 Choppy Scrolling Via UserContent.css
Posted by Bharathida... on
Jul 27, 2011 | Mozilla Firefox
Jan 16, 2011 | Mozilla Firefox
Feb 04, 2009 | Mozilla Firefox
607 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!