Tip & How-To about Samsung SCH-U450 Cell Phone
To pair a Samsung Intensity cell phone with a Plantronics Explorer 245 headset, follow the 10 steps below:
1. Turn your cell phone on and your headset off.
2. On the Intensity, press the Menu button (the center round button) and from the main menu, go to Settings & Tools (in the bottom right corner).
3. Select item #3, Bluetooth Menu.
4. Select item #1, Add New Device.
5. If your Bluetooth radio is currently off, you'll be asked if you want to turn it on -- select Yes.
6. Turn on the Explorer headset. After a few seconds you should see either red and blue flashes or just blue flashes. If you see red and blue flashes, go on to step 7. If you see only blue flashes, hold the Call button down (the button on the side of the earpiece) for five or six seconds, until the LEDs begin to flash red and then blue.
7. On your cell phone, click OK on the screen telling you to place your device in discoverable mode.
8. The phone will search for Bluetooth devices in the area, and the Plantronics headset will appear at the top of the screen. It should be labeled "245Plantronics" or something similar. Once you see the headset appear on the screen, press the menu button to stop the search.
9. Press the menu button again to pair the two devices.
10. A message will appear once pairing has been completed, and you will be prompted to connect the phone to the headset. Select Yes.
The connection has now been established between the two devices, and you can use your Explorer 245 as a hands-free headset in conjunction with your cell phone. To see information about the headset (such as what services it offers, what its Bluetooth address is, or how long it has been paired to your phone) scroll down to its name on the phone's Bluetooth Menu and click the right option button to bring up the device's Options screen.
Posted by gggg on
Apr 20, 2011 | Plantronics Explorer 220 Bluetooth Headset...
Mar 31, 2011 | Plantronics Explorer 320 Wireless Headset
Nov 07, 2010 | Plantronics Explorer 330 Headset
Nov 20, 2008 | Plantronics Explorer 220 Bluetooth Headset...
3,432 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!