Here is a quick guide to taking apart your rio and re-gluing the scroll wheel.
This is the most common part to break on the rio carbon but is reasonably easy to fix.
How to disassemble a Rio Carbon:
How to attach the scroll wheel:
- First take off the front plate (you may want to warm it up, not fry it, with a hairdryer to make the removal easier.
- Then you will see near the bottom there are two holes
which if you get a very small screwdriver then you can unclip 2 of the
clips holding the back plate on.
- Then pry your screwdriver between the back of your rio
and the rubber and lever the back off slightly (you may want to get a
cocktail stick/match stick etc. to keep this open) then on each side
you should see two more metal clips holding the back plate on. Lever
each of these clips and the back plate should pop off - don't force it
or you might break the plastic.
- Then you will be able to see at the top left your scroll wheel (or where it should be!)
- The scroll wheel was originally attached on by two connections which you should b able to see - these were the weakest joints on your player and kind of lets rio down because the rest of the player is great in my opinion even though it does break a lot.
- basically all you have to do is glue these back on...
- Place a little epoxy glue on the points of contact (you can use super glue or a hard plastic adhesive but often they are too brittle so if you drop it again it will almost definitely break)
- Glue it together...
- Leave it a couple of hours to harden/dry...
- Your done...
Now wasn't that easy!