Tip & How-To about Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1: Windows
Issue: "Could not start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service. Error
1058" error message when you manually start the Remote Procedure Call service
1 . Restart your computer by using the Safe Mode startup option. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Restart your computer, and when the Boot menu appears, press F8 .
b. Under Windows Advanced Options Menu, select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER .
c. When the Boot menu appears again with the words "Safe Mode" displayed at the bottom of the menu, select the operating system that you want to start, and then
2 . Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
3 . In the left pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type a name for the registry file.
6. In the Save in list, click the location where you want to save the registry file, and then click Save.
7. Right-click LEGACY_RPCSS, click Delete, and in the Confirm Key Delete dialog box, click Yes.
Note Do not delete any one of the following subkeys that may be found under the ROOT subkey:• MS_L2TPMINIPORT
8. Exit Registry Editor.
9. Restart your computer by using the Restart Windows Normally startup option.
Posted by Hashir... on
Mar 21, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 17, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Apr 11, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Dec 11, 2008 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Jul 07, 2007 | ASUS P5S800-VM Motherboard
1,061 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!