Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
I would like to share some steps to speed up your machine, which sometimes becomes slow because of temp files.
1) Make sure that you are able to login on Machine.
2) Go to start > Run (Ctrl +R)
3) Type "Cmd" then press "Enter"
4) Now make sure in command prompt there should be c:\ only. If there is any other text written (i.e. c:\documents and settings\) then Just type CD\ and press "Enter". Now you will get the C:\
5) type "Del *.tmp /s" and press "Enter". It will start deleting all the temp files. It can take time depends on your HDD capacity. You can stop it in between by pression "Ctrl +C".
6) Once its completed, you can Type "Exit". Now the CMD window will be closed.
7) Again go to Start > Run and type "Prefetch" then Press "Enter". One box will be open where you can see lots of files. Just Select all by pressing (Ctrl +A) and Delete them.
Once its deleted. Restart your PC you will face enhacement of your machine speed.
This article applies of all windows version.
Posted by Pankaj on
Mar 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 24, 2008 | HP PSC 1410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 08, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
191 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!