Tip & How-To about Sony Playstation 3 Slim Console
How to remove the hard drive on a Playstation 3 Slim
Removing the hard drive on the PS3 Slim is simular to removing the hard drive on an original PS3, however the drive is in a different location.
Note if you are upgrading PS3 hard drive you will need to back up your data first so that you are able to put your files back onto the new hard drive.
1. Make sure you have all your cables unplugged from the PS3.
2. Turn the PS3 upside and locate the hard drive access door (it will be at the front of the system next to the small info sticker).
3. Ether with your finger nail or a small screw driver lift up the cover.
4. Next carefully unscrew the blue screw. Note you will want to make sure you get the right size phillips head to make sure you do not strip out the screw head. On the few systems I have seen a PH1 head you be the right size you need.
5. After you have the screw removed you will want to slide the hard drive cover to the right to expose the hard drive.
6. Next pull down on the lever and pull strait back in the drive caddy to remove it from the PS3.
If you have remove the drive to upgrade the drive you will want to unscrew the drive from the caddy and install your new drive.
If you have removed to corrupted data on the hard drive the link below will walk you through formatting the hard drive on your computer just skip to step 4 as the first steps are for removing the hard drive from the original PS3.
How to fix PlayStation 3 corrupted hard drive
Posted by Will... on
May 25, 2012 | Sony playstation 3 slim 160gb 160 gb...
May 20, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Nov 22, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 24, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
2,684 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!