Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Acer laptop has a special bios sequence that can be so tricky and very confusing but I can
show how to do it in few minutes. These steps are simple and picture illustrated.
You can handle or solve bios password problems by either flashing the bios but this can
be done by a professional which is very risky and can damage the laptop,
Or by replacing certain security chip or resetting the one in the board, this will be costly
and also risky.
Or by contracting the manufacturers. Well, good luck!
Above all am going to show you the simplest way to bypass it. The truth is that the bios
password will prevent you from setting the boot order because the default boot order is
either ide or USB devices.
Don't worry, follow these steps:
1. Switch the laptop, and remove the hard disk from the back of the laptop.
2. You need external USB mass storage drive that you will use to connect it to
3. You also need third party software like epm partition magic (click here to
download it). Install this software in the other computer before you plug in the
USB mass storage device.
4. then open the software select on the hdd, then press delete and after that click
apply, the system may require to boot(allow it to do so). When this is done, if
open the epm again, your hdd will show in the window (UNALLOCATED). Don
creates partition, just disconnect the hdd and insert it back to your Acer laptop.
5. Put your bootable cd like window xp or vista. Power on the laptop, it will
automatically enter to boot setup.
6. After the setup and you still want remove the password, you will use bios debug
software. Good luck.
By Divine O Fabian. www.laptopmasterpassword.net
Posted by divineglo on
Oct 03, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Sep 28, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
217 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!