Tip & How-To about Audio Players & Recorders

Sound Control for Speakers

For those who live in apartment or condo type homes, you can minimize the chance of bothering your neighbours with your stereo by using this simple method; most sound passing to adjacent units is in the bass range. To control this, place a mat of dense rubber under each speaker. This will prevent most of the bass transmission to other parts of the building. You can find dense rubber from many sources; surplus stores, machinery stores, etc. If further bass reduction is warranted, you can move the speakers to different locations in your listening area; corners produce more bass, long walls least bass. There are some shareware, inexpensive, and freeware programs around that allow you to calculate potential sound problems. One oldie but goodie is called "the Room."

Posted by on

Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to connect headphones to Bose 3 2 1 GS III

Maybe there is one in the back of the system. check it out.

Jul 20, 2014 | Bose Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

renting a house and there is a green flashing light on honewell furnace. Thermostat set at 70 but the temp is 54. Should I press the reset button or just call and bother the owners. Used to living in a condo with forced air heating and cooling.

Clean the flame sensor at the furance burner compartment. This is found left hand end farthest burner tube from ignitor, Make sure your filter is clean. Turn powwer off at furance and then turn back on to reset.

Jan 26, 2011 | Heating & Cooling

Not finding what you are looking for?

257 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5158 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74383 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions