- 1Use the laptop on a hard surface. This allows proper air circulation and prevents overheating. Avoid using the laptop in temperatures over 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Remove the battery when using AC power. Once the battery is fully charged, there is no need to keep it plugged in. Residual charge drains the battery slowly, so when the battery isn't needed, take it out of the laptop and store it in a cool, safe place.
- 3Allow the battery to drain completely before recharging. This allows you to take advantage of the limited number of charge cycles the battery contains.
- 4Limit the amount of applications, programs and external devices used on the laptop at one time. Close anything that doesn't need to run. Multitasking causes the processor to run too hard, producing higher heat inside the laptop and draining the battery power.
- 5Use your laptop's power control program to automatically save power. Reduce the backlight on your laptop when it runs on battery power. Set the standby and hibernate modes for when you take breaks from working on the laptop.
- 6Store your laptop battery in a cool place. Avoid heat above 80 degrees Fahrenheit, direct sunlight and extreme cold.
Remember to leave your comeent abnd share your testimony by saying how helpful this tip is to you