Tip & How-To about Garden
"How do I remove the spool and restring my trimmer?"
The spool is ******* on. There should be a Half Sphere-like object (Spool Retainer) on the bottom of the spool where the line goes. Twist counter clock-wise, or clockwise, depending on whether you have a Left-hand or Right-hand Trimmer.
If it is a duel line trimmer then:
1. Cut two separate pieces of string, about 7 ft. each.
2. Stick the end of the line in the hole on the inside of spool.
3. Wind clockwise onto spool,putting the line that is closest to the ground on first. Once you have wound this piece on, lock the last 4"-6" inches of line through one(1) of the 4 or 5 slits on spool.
4. Repeat process for second piece of line, putting it on the top side of the spool; locking the last few inches in the slot opposite the other locked in piece. (Remember, if you have a left-handed trimmer, the winding instructions will be just the opposite.)
5. Put the spool on the trimmer, feeding the end of lines through either hole on trimmer.
6. Before you push the spool all the way on, pull the strings out of the locked position.
7. Place Half-Sphere-like object back on, twisting it clock-wise to tighten.
If it is a single line trimmer: Then just wind a single piece of string clockwise onto spool. This may need to be longer a little longer than 7ft.
Here is a short video that explains 3 different types of heads:
You-Tube video "OQauZqaEBUI&feature=player_embedded" placeholder
Good Luck with your project!
Key Words: Weed Eater, Trimmer Head, String, Chainsaw, Leaf Blower, Snow Bower, Pressure Washer, & Varnisized
Posted by Jim Parker on
Feb 15, 2012 | Black & Decker Garden
Sep 29, 2010 | Homelite Mighty Lite Lawn Trimmer
Oct 21, 2009 | Black & Decker Garden
Oct 17, 2009 | Craftsman Convertible 25cc. Gas Line...
Jun 14, 2009 | Ryobi 30 Cubic Centimeter Curved Shaft Gas...