Tip & How-To about Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1: Windows
Error message when a portable Windows Vista-based computer
that has an integrated or external USB camera device resumes from long-term
suspend mode: "0x000000E4" or "0x0000000A "
To successfully apply this hotfix, you must create the ForceHCResetOnResume registry entry. To do these, follow these steps: 1. Click Start , click Run , type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK .
2. Locate the following registry subkey:
• In this step, you must locate the registry subkey that represents the system's USB universal host controllers. The USB universal host controllers typically have the lowest four-digit numbers.
3. On the Edit menu, point to New , and then click DWORD Value .
4. In the details pane, type ForceHCResetOnResume, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click ForceHCResetOnResume , and then click Modify .
6. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, click Decimal under Base .
7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK .
8. Close Registry Editor.
9. Restart the computer.
Posted by Hashir... on
Feb 02, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 531s Desktop Computer
Nov 11, 2010 | Western Digital My Passport Essential SE...
Mar 09, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Jun 06, 2008 | Electronics - Others
896 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!