Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Sometimes, while doing some specific work on your PC or browsing the internet, the program you're using suddenly stops responding without any apparent reason. If you hadn't been saving your work regularly, you'll most likely lose it when Windows prompts you to close the program.
There's however a solution that could help you avoid such frustration. Here are the steps to follow in case a program stops responding :
1. Once you encounter such a problem, don't close the program you're using.
2. Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
3. In the "Processes" tab, find "explorer.exe", choose it and click "End Process" on the bottom right.
4. Click "Yes" (Everything you see in the background will disappear but don't panic, it will come back).
5. Click "File" on the top left.
4. Choose "New Task (Run...)"
5. Write "explorer.exe" in the box.
And everything comes back! You can now resume your work...
Posted by erckonusre... on
Dec 30, 2012 | Dell LATITUDE Computers & Internet
Jul 11, 2010 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Apr 13, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Dec 02, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 09, 2008 | Compaq Presario Notebook
147 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!