Tip & How-To about Garden
"My small engine will only run at an idle or half choke."
If you are having trouble with your, Trimmer/Weed Eater, Chainsaw, Leaf Blower, running at full speed; or it starts and runs for a few seconds and dies, then you will need to check the fuel lines first, and then the carburetor.
1. Check the Fuel Lines for cracks/breaks. If they are bad then go to: ( www.fixya.com/support/r6078121-fuel_line_relacement_trimmer_weedeater )
If Fuel Lines are o.k., then:
2. Check the Primer Bulb for pin hole(s) or cracks. This will cause it to start and then die. Replace it if it's bad. Try to start before proceeding any further. If you are lucky, this will be your only problem. If the Primer Bulb is fine, then:
3. You will need to disassemble the carburetor and spray with carburetor cleaner.
4. Use a Den Tek Brush, ( http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=165357&catid=1152 ), to clean the small portals in carburetor, including the jet, if there is one. These portals can become blocked.
5. If the carburetor has sat for a few months with old fuel in it, you may have to place the a. in carb. dip before puting the new parts on it. (The fuel turns to varnish over time, causing the carburetor to be paralyzed.) If you don't have carb. dip, you may be able to take the carb. to your local parts store, where they may do it for free.
6. Make sure the small screen, that sets down in a pencil eraser-sized hole, is clean. Take the screen out with a razor blade or utility knife. (Be careful not t scratch the carburetor while doing this.) Make sure that you can see daylight through it. If you have a 3 yr. old machine or older, the screen is probably clogged. You should replace it! This small screen will come with a New Carburetor Kit when you purchase one. The New Carburetor Kit will also come with a diaphragm, gaskets, spring and needle valve, and some other very small parts. If you have a New Carburetor Kit, go ahead and replace it all while you are in there.
7. Reassemble the carburetor.
8. Make sure the air breather is clean.
9. Start like you normally would.
If you should have any questions about"Drywall Finishing/Patching", or know someone who does, put your questions to Category:"Tools- Building & Power- HAND TOOLS" at FixYa.com
I will do my best to answer your questions about drywall finishing. However, it would be best if we could speak on the PHONE or do a live CHAT. I can answer any question you have if it involves getting a wall ready for paint!
Thanks for looking,
Key Words: Weed Eater, Trimmer, Chainsaw, Leaf Blower, Snow Bower, Pressure Washer, Carburetor Dip, & Varnisized
Posted by Jim Parker on
Jun 08, 2015 | Garden
Aug 28, 2014 | Garden
Sep 22, 2013 | Weed Eater Fl1500 Le Leaf Blowers
Jul 18, 2011 | Craftsman 27cc 2 Cycle Crank Straight...
May 21, 2011 | Ryobi 30 Cubic Centimeter Curved Shaft Gas...