This error is shown when there is any kind of foreign material or packing material stuck inside the printer which restricting the printhead to move freely. To resolve this issue, please follow the instructions mentioned below:
1) Confirm that the printer is powered off.
2) Disconnect the power cord from the printer or at the wall outlet or both.
3) Open the paper output tray and then lift up the scanning unit cover until it locks into position.
CAUTION: The orange protective tape may prevent you from opening the paper output tray. If that is the case, please refer to the illustration in step 3 to ensure the white foam piece is removed along with the protective tape.
4) Pull the orange protective tape (A) and remove the white foam (protective material) (B).
5) If the the white foam was not removed along with the orange protective tape, check for it on the right, inside the printer.
a) With the printer powered off and unplugged, slide the print head carriage to the left.
b) Looking inside the printer from the left, locate the white foam in front of the purge area.
Note: It is recommended to use a thin latex glove as there may be ink mist on the white foam or surrounding print area.
c) Cautiously remove the white foam with your hands. Be careful not to touch any other components in the printer.
6) After removing the packing material, look for and remove any other paper debris or foreign objects from the extreme left and right sides of the carriage area.
7) Close the scanning unit cover.
8) Reconnect the power cord and then power on the printer.