Tip & How-To about Dell P703w Printer
How to reseat the print head on Dell Photo P703w All-In-One Printer
1. Disconnect the AC power from the printer
2. Lift up on the print head from the lower left corner
3. Gently pull the ribbon cable to move the carrier to the center
Note if the carrier is stuck under the lid and will not move with gentle pressure, then you may need to plug the printer back in before gently pulling the cable.
You should now be able to see the carrier at the top opening of the printer
4. Next remove the ink cartridges
5. Now press down on the center of the print head. You will want to press firmly until you hear an audible click sound.
6. Next test the assembly by trying to lift up on the printhead. If it lifts up, repeat step 5.
If the printhead does not lift up try pushing the carrier to the right.
7. Close the top lid and plug back in AC power
8. Turn the printer on and check to see if the paper jam error is gone.
Posted by Will... on
Jun 27, 2011 | Dell P703w Printer
In Windows Vista®:
Feb 08, 2011 | Dell P703w Printer
Sep 14, 2010 | Dell P703w Printer
May 18, 2010 | Dell P703w Printer
Nov 17, 2009 | Dell P703w Printer
3,125 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!