Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
1) Download and install Handbrake. This free software allows you to easily rip DVDs on any Mac with OS 10.3.9 or higher. Download and install Roxio Toast to compress and burn the DVD,
2) Insert the DVD that you want to rip into the DVD drive. Close any DVD program that starts automatically. Open Handbrake.
3) Make sure that the "Detect Volume" option is selected and click the "Open" button. The Handbrake software will scan the DVD, collect all pertinent information and open the main menu.
4) Make sure that the title Handbrake selected for the DVD is correct. If it is not correct choose the appropriate one from the "Title" menu. Choose a destination for your ripped DVD in the "Destination" section of the menu, the default being your desktop.
5) Click the "Rip" button. (Do not interrupt the process or turn off your computer until the DVD is ripped.) This will create the ripped files and a folder structure which includes a "VIDEO_TS" folder.
6) Open Roxio Toast and select the "Video" tab. Select the "DVD-Video" option from the "VIDEO-TS" menu. Select the "Fit to DVD Compression" option to burn the ripped files onto a single-layer DVD.
7) Choose the "VIDEO_TS" folder that you just created by clicking on the "Select" button. Choose which options you want for your ripped DVD with the "Copy Options" button.
8) Insert a blank DVD into your DVD-R drive. Click the red "Burn" button in Roxio Toaster and allow the program to run its full course. Now your DVD is ready to watch on any DVD player.
Hope this helps.
Posted by DNA... on
Dec 12, 2008 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
297 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!