Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Here's how to reset your password:
1. First reboot Windows XP in safe mode by re-starting the computer and pressing F8 repeatedly as the computer starts up.
2. Then (in safe mode) click Start and then click Run. In the open box type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes, of course)
3. You will now have access to all the user accounts, including the administrators account and will be able to reset the lost password.
4. Just click the administrators user account (or the target user's account), and then click Reset Password. You will need to add a new
password in the New password and the Confirm new password boxes, and confirm by clicking OK.
5. All done, you have recovered the lost password
Hope you'll have it resolved soon :-)
Posted by Adamprince on
Mar 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 09, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jan 03, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
174 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!