Tip & How-To about Refrigerators
Removing the Unit Compartment Cover
NOTE: Sharp edges may be present.
1. Unplug the refrigerator or disconnect the
2. Lift the main decorative panel to unhook it
and remove the panel.
3. Lift and remove the louvered decorative
4. Remove the two hex-head screws from
the air diverter and remove the diverter.
5. Remove the nine hex-head screws from
the unit compartment front cover, and pull
the cover forward out of the way.
NOTE: If there is less than 3′ above the top of
the unit compartment cover, perform Method A
to remove the cover. If there is at least 3′ above
the top of the unit compartment cover, Method
B will allow you to remove the cover without
pulling out the refrigerator.
1. Pull the refrigerator out of its mounting
location so you can access the rear of the
2. Remove the left and right hex-head screws
(one on each side) from the front corners
of the unit compartment cover.
3. Remove the left and right hex-head screws
from the rear channels of the unit compartment
4. Lift the unit compartment cover up, and
pull it forward off the refrigerator.
KitchenAid, Whirlpool side by side refrigerator removing Unit compartment cover method B
KitchenAid, Whirlpool side by side refrigerator remove the main control board assembly
Posted by espressoni... on
Jul 06, 2011 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
May 16, 2008 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
May 14, 2008 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
735 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!