Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
If you fault is according to user manual, a defective Print Head/Cartridge... The Print Head/Cartridge., maybe so clogged, and clogged up so deep that can not be cleaned in the normal way. Then, the printer can not communicate with the computer at this point. So you can't send the cleaning command to printer.
Here's what to do:
1. remove all the Print Head(s)/Cartridge(s).
2. Take out the Print Head/Cartridge. by releasing the lock lever. Look in the "Easy Setup Instruction" Step to find the location. Obtain a manual. (You can download it from manufacturers web site)
3. Put the Print Head/Cartridge. in a plastic zip lock bag. (Test the bag is air tight.)
4. Soak the covered Print Head/Cartridge. in hot water (hottest setting of the tap) for 5 minutes. The high temperature will soften up the clogged ink.
5. Immediately install thePrint Head/Cartridge. (Must be be dry) in the printer, and install all the ink cartridges.
6. Turn on the printer. If this works, you should not have a working printer, Now then, Most Important. Start the cleaning process from the computer. Run the cleaning several times to deep clean it.
Posted by electronic... on
Mar 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1000
Nov 14, 2010 | Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Wireless...
372 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!