Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
If your computer has excellent specs then you're lucky. It is also important to note that as it ages, it can also be compared to us humans because their effectiveness and speed deteriorates. However, there are ways in which you can maintain its speed or at least make the deterioration process slower. Here are some tips that I also do with my own computer.
1. Upgrade or repair your Windows operating system. Whether you’re online or not, your PC is vulnerable to viruses esp. if you don’t Deep Freeze your drives. If you already like your OS then a repair is a better option in order to patch loopholes or performance glitches.
2. Have a fast and reliable antivirus. The one that I can recommend is the Avast because it scans really fast and you have the option to delete or move the viruses to virus vault without corrupting the programs. And update your antivirus regularly or auto-update it. You also scan your PC regularly and turn it on always. After scanning completely, you restart your PC in order to totally remove the viruses and detected threats.
3. Have as few desktop folders only. Delete or uninstall files that you don’t need and use like duplicate files. Keep/organize your personal files to drive D only. Keep the drive C just for your necessary programs.
4. Empty the Recycle Bin after deleting files.
5. Avoid using animated desktop wallpapers.
6. Stop or quite all unused applications. You just can right-click on those icons at your taskbar.
7. Clean your CPU with a blower/vacuum cleaner at least once a month and blow the dust away. It helps your CPU runs fast.
8. Upgrade or add memory. This surely makes your PC runs fast.
9. Check your PC’s ventilation. Overheating makes your PC runs slow. You can also use your electric fan in addition to your built-in computer blowers if you don’t use air-conditioner.
10. Use only fast browsers. I personally recommend Google Chrome or Safari.
11. Install ‘Cheat Engine’ and run it to any program you’d like to speed up. It makes browsing faster.
Posted by Penano... on
Jan 07, 2017 | Dogs
Jan 04, 2017 | Horoscopes
Feb 08, 2016 | Refrigerators
Apr 18, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 22, 2009 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
206 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!