Tip & How-To about Apple iPod MP3 Player
In order to get rid of the forgotten code and disabled message, we must restore the device.
In this case when the iphone or itouch or similar is giving you a message that its disabled, then we have to first force the device into recovery mode, from which we can do a normal restore.
Note that this removes all the content from your player.
Basically the steps are
1. Take out the usb cable, connect it to the computer, but not to the device.
2. Turn off your device
3. While pressing and holding the home button, reconnect the usb cable to the device, when you reconnect the usb cable the phone or itouch should power on.
If you are low on battery let it charge for a while, then start from thebeginning (unplug the usb from the device)
4. While still holding the home button, until you see a message about "Connect to Itunes" then let go.
5. if not already open, open itunes, you should receive a short warning about recovery mode.
6. do a normal restore from itunes, it wipes the devices and the disabled message and the forgotten code are removed.
Posted by Ekse on
Feb 05, 2014 | Apple iPhone 3G
Apr 08, 2013 | Cell Phones
Mar 20, 2011 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
Apr 24, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
Jul 04, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
4,626 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!