Tip & How-To about HP Pavilion a1410n (ER890AA) PC Desktop
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab. In the Performance section, click Settings.
3. Click the Advanced tab. In the Virtual memory section, click Change.
4. The hard disk drive that is used for virtual memory will usually be the
5. same disk drive that Windows is installed on. Both the Initial and Maximum settings should be less than the reported Space available on the hard disk drive. The Initial size setting for the virtual memory settings should be approximately 200 MB in size but should be higher than or equal to the recommended paging file size as indicated in the lower section of the screen.
Once the initial size is set, Windows will reserve this amount of space on the hard disk drive for virtual memory and it will not be available to save information on.
The maximum amount allowable can be anything above the Initial size setting, but it is recommended that it be at least twice the Initial size setting
Posted by gunjan... on
May 24, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 07, 2007 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
2,037 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!