VERY IMPORTANT: If your printer is still within its one-year warranty period (from the original date of purchase) please contact the EPSON from 9 AM to 9 PM EST or 6 AM to 6 PM PST Monday through Friday (except holidays) when you are with your computer and printer setup.
- You can do this on your own if you are familiar with the printer or still have the User Guide / User Manual with you.
- Or, you can do this with an Expert EPSON Technical Support Specialist.
1. Unplug the USB cable connecting the printer from the computer.
2. Turn the printer ON.
3. Gently shake the ink cartridge. If the cartridge is open, please do yourself a favor by covering the hole where the ink comes out while doing this.
4. Put the ink cartridges in one by one.
5. Use the printer menu (or combination of printer buttons for older models) for head cleaning and do this step 3 times consecutively.
6. Again use the printer menu (or combination of printer buttons for older models) to do a test print from the printer.Note: if you are having an issue with a single cartridge only - remove, shake and re-seat the affected cartridge only. Also try replacing the affected cartridge.If the issue still persists after the above test:
- Straight answer - hardware malfunction and is non-user serviceable.
- Options - Warranty, Repair or the EPSON Customer Loyalty Program (www.epson.com/loyalty)