Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Things you must consider while buying a New Laptop
1. Price of the Laptop - One should expect to pay more for a laptop than for a comparable desktop computer. You really are paying a premium for the added flexibility a laptop offers. One more thing to bear in mind is - laptops are much harder to upgrade than desktops, so you should look for a laptop that meets all of your needs from the beginning.
2. Life of Battery - While the big attraction of laptops is that they offer the freedom to use your computer anywhere, remember that this is not strictly the case. Take special care to note the average battery life of your laptop.
3. Type of Display and Size - Get the right type of Laptop screen as the screen of your laptop is the main interface that you will use to interact with it. Make sure that your laptop features a TFT screen; these screens give a brighter display which can be viewed from an angle. Non-TFT displays seem dim and have to be viewed from straight on. The downside to being so portable is that most laptops have smaller screens than desktop systems.
4. Connectivity - Most of the laptops offer the same connectivity options today, but if you have any special requirements you should be sure to make sure your laptop can meet these needs. For example, it would be very embarrassing to turn up to an important business presentation and discover that your laptop doesn't actually have the correct type of port to allow it to connect to your company network.
5. Power - Ensure your new laptop can meet the system requirements of all of the software you want to run on it. It really is worth buying the best you can afford when it comes to power, as you will want your laptop to last for years to come. Remember it is harder to upgrade a laptop, so make sure you have enough power for the foreseeable future.
Hope the above Tips will show you how to buy a laptop, and help you in making your next purchase.
Posted by KIRAN... on
Jul 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 16, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Sep 28, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
136 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!