Try to reboot the iPod, just in case it has crashed
If you are still unsuccessful in turning on the iPod, but the iPod shows up in iTunes, try restoring from iTunes to fix any
bugs causing the issue
- Hold the top button and the home button
for about ten seconds.
- A bug can stop the screen from displaying, sometimes you can reverse
the problem by doing the reboot. If you still see nothing on the
screen, try to plug the iPhone in to the computer and try the reboot method again.
If you are still unsuccessful in
turning on the iPod, but the iPod doesn't show up in iTunes, try putting the iPod into recovery mode
- Plug the
iPod in to your PC, go into iTunes and click the iPod's icon on the left side of
- In the iPod Summary Screen, click on the restore button and agree to the prompt
asking if you really want to restore the iPhone's software.
- You can put the iPod into recovery mode if it has
a charged battery.
- Start by holding down the home button before connecting it
to iTunes, then continue to hold the button until iTunes recognizes
that the iPod's in recovery mode.
- Recovery mode allows you to perform a restore when you're when an iPod fails to turn on or
display anything on the screen.