Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
possible to secure your private Word 2007
documents. Your private documents can be password
protected as well as encrypted in order to rule out the
possibility of other people accessing it. You can
encrypt Word 2007 documents in a shared location e.g. a
home computer or a network folder. You don't have
to worry about the sensitive data in your
computer any more as you can easily encrypt Word
2007 documents by following these easy steps:
1. Click on the Microsoft Office Button.
2. Select Prepare from the left-hand menu.
3. Click on Encrypt Document from the resulting menu shown on the right.
The Encrypt Document dialog box will appear. Enter a password for the Word document.
4. Type in the password once more for confirmation and click on the Ok button.
5. After you press the Ok button, this window will close without asking for further verification. Your Word 2007 document is now successfully encrypted. When you encrypt Word 2007 documents, Microsoft Office automatically saves the document with a 128-bit advanced encryption.
No-one can open this document without entering the password. If anyone clicks on the document to open it, he will be prompted to enter a password.
Posted by NITIN... on
Jul 07, 2014 | Cell Phones
Mar 29, 2011 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: Windows
May 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
140 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!