Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
1. You have to reset your router to its original factory configuration by using the reset button at the back of the router (WGT624 v3) near the antenna.
2. Connect the cable from the Globe Broadband Huawei B200 modem to the wan port of the router.
3. Connect another cable (RJ45) from the router (any Lan port on the router) to the laptop or desktop.
4. Switch on both device (modem and router).
5. Wait till both device boot up and the modem flash a blue, green and yellow color on its led and solid green to all router indicator led except the test led indicator flashing for a few seconds only.
6. Open your browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Safari...) 7. Type http://192.168.1.1 at the address bar. 8. Netgear setup website will open. 9. Go to advance settings. 10. Go to back up menu and click erase to reset your router to its original factory settings. 11. Logout. 12. Switch off the device (modem and router). 13. Remove the cable connecting the computer and the Lan port of the router. 14. Connect the modem directly to the laptop using the cable. 15. Open a browser. 16. Go to the netgear website. 17. Go to the Support menu on the Netgear Website. 18. Type the model of the modem (WGT624 v3) on the blank space provided (Find your product). 19. Go to Downloads. 20. Download WGT624v3 Firmware Version 2.0.26_1.01 NA. 21. Read the instruction how to download the firmware and how to upgrade your router to the new firmware. 22. Save the downloaded firmware. 23. Exit the Netgear Website. 24. Switch off the modem. 25. Now follow the instructions #2 to #8. 26. Go to "Upgrade the Router" menu. 27. Upload the downloaded firmware to the router. 28. After uploading the firmware go to the Basic Settings Menu or use the Smart Wizard Menu to configure your Router.(Important Updates: Lan IP Address will be changed automatically to 10.0.0.1). Automatic internet connections will be tested by the network. 29. Configure your wireless settings. Logout. 30. Reboot all the devices and the laptop/desktop. 31. Follow the sequence when rebooting. (modem-router-laptop/desktop). 32. Open a browser and browse any website. 33. Enjoy.
Posted by jingdevill... on
Feb 06, 2012 | NetGear : WGT624 108 Mbps Wireless...
Dec 26, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Oct 25, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Mar 05, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Feb 19, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
845 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!