- Turn off the computer and all other devices connected to the modem before attempting to perform a reboot or reset of the modem.
- Remove the power plug in the back of the modem. Check your modem for a battery pack. The battery must be removed in order to fully power down the modem.
- Keep the power off for at least one minute and then return the power plug to the back of the modem and wait for all the lights on the front of the modem to come back on and stop flashing.
- If you have a router, plug it back in and wait for the lights to come on first. Next, turn on your computer. After this, your connection should be back and you can reach the Internet.
To completely reset the device back to its factory settings, follow this step:
- Look at the back of the modem. There should be a tiny button or hole in the back of the modem that will be labeled reset. Press this button in for a minimum of 10 seconds using a small pin or a paperclip to reset the modem. This will reset the modem to factory defaults. You will need to reset options just as if it was a brand new modem being installed.