Tip & How-To about Nintendo DSi Black Console
I've seen quite a few questions on this site that all say the same thing pretty much: "How do I set up Internet on my DSi?" Allow me to explain the process. It's very simple.
1. At the DSi main menu, select the "System Settings" option and touch it with your stylus or press A.
2. Tap the Right Arrow two times. You will see an option that reads "Internet". Press it.
3. Select Connection Settings in the Internet Options Menu.
4. You will see 3 connection options. Select one that says "None".
5. At this point you have three choices: Search for an Access Point, AOSS, or Manual Setup. Your best bet is to choose Search for an access point. This will scan for any available connections around you.
6. When it finishes searching, a list of connections will appear. Select the one that you are trying to connect to. You will either see an unlock icon or a locked icon. If there is a locked icon, you will need to input your security code for your Router.
7. Once the connection is selected and the password, if there is one, is inputted, the system will preform a connection test. Once the test is complete, your connection settings are saved and you are ready to access Nintendo WiFi. Happy Gaming!
One last note. Some connections have security codes that are inaccessible for standard DS and DSi's. If that happens, instead of choosing an open connection (Step 4), you will want to choose "Advanced Setup". This will allow you to access connections with higher security, but you will only be able to use DSi features (Shop and Internet mainly. No In-game WiFi). The steps to connect to those systems is the same as connecting to a lower security connection.
Posted by vivimage20... on
Aug 26, 2012 | Anima Pets - Others
Aug 19, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
May 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 30, 2010 | Nintendo DSi Blue Console
Nov 23, 2009 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
617 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!