Tip & How-To about Video Game Consoles & Games
There are several things that could be wrong. I'm going to lay out the stuff an average person could do at home. If NONE of these recommended fixes help, you are out of luck and have to take it in for servicing. Good luck!
1. Plug in controller.
2. Have system in standby mode (red light).
3. Hold down power button for a full cycle (will turn on and back off again).
4. Hold power button again will hear 2 single beeps then a double beep.
5. As soon as you hear the double beep immediately remove your finger from the power button.
6. Hit the PS button on controller when it tells you to.
7. Go to ONLY option 3 (restore).
8. WARNING: select any other option and you can wipe out everything ONLY USE OPTION 3.
9. Follow on screen prompt.
1. Fold a business card in half, while keeping the folded edge soft. You don't want a hardened edge.
2. Insert the card in the disk slot about an inch to open up the rubber flaps.
3. Follow the instructions on the air duster can for appropriate distance usage and get to spraying. Move back and forth evenly and hope for the best.
4. Follow-up with Fix #3 before trying again.
Insert a cd-rom lens cleaner. The brushes on there will give the laser a nice, solid scrubbing.
Reformat the system. If this step works, you will know that its a software-related issue. This is the last resort, so don't do this until you absolutely have no choice.
Recommendations for a Relaxed Gaming Experience
The PS3's blu-ray laser has a very powerful magnification lens. Because of the magnification, the tiniest speck of dust or fingerprint smudge will create disc skips or just poor gaming experiences. Do the following to help maintain your system:
1. Wipe of the dust and fingerprints before inserting the disc.
2. Dust the entire system (air duster) once every few days in order to ensure optimal gaming experience. Be sure to get the ventilation areas and to follow Fix #2's steps as well.
I hope this helps. I know you want to get back to your game, but be patient and keep a level head. Please take care and have a good day!
Posted by Alexander... on
Dec 30, 2011 | Jeep Grand Cherokee Cars & Trucks
Jul 18, 2010 | Apple 13" MacBook Notebook Computer ...
Sep 19, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jul 30, 2009 | Coleman 10' X 10' Sundome Tent 9160K101
Feb 09, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
622 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!