Tip & How-To about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
How to make your own Playstation 2 stand at home and save $50.
Playstation accessories are expensive and games are even more expensive. Here is a cheap and fun way of making your own inexpensive PS2 stand.
The benefits of this stand are
1) It is light and robust and can be made under $3 or even less ( I really don't know what it would cost I built mine from stuff I had lying around.
2) It is stable and easily supports the weight of the Playstation 2 console without toppling over. This stand enables you to position your playstation in an upright position and helps you save space.
3) It ensures that there is adequate air flow all around your playstation console and keeps it cool. This allows you to game for longer periods of time without your console hanging due to overheating.
Materials that you will require to build your Playstation console stand
1) Phillips head screwdriver
3) Base of a cd spindle box
4) Adult supervision (if your prone to injuring yourself)
5) One screw that will fit into the base of your PS2 console (check at your hardware store to ensure that it fits correctly and does not damage the threads of where it is supposed to fit.
6) One large metal washer ( inner hole of the washer needs to be small so that the screw can be tightened and doesn't pass through it)
Builing your Playstation 2 console stand
1) take the plastic base of the cd spindle. You need to cut out the pole on which the cd's are placed right at the base. You can do this easily with a pen knife or a hacksaw blade as the plastic is soft. (IMPORTANT: BE PATIENT WHILE CUTTING IT AS YOU COULD CUT RIGHT THROUGH IT AND DAMAGE YOUR BASE)
2) Once it is cut out you should have a hole in the center of the base.
3) Place your PS2 console in an upright position on this base and center it. If the edge of the base plate is elevated then make the appropriate marking and cut out that portion to ensure that the PS2 console fits snugly into it.
4) Now simply use the washer and the screw to fix the base plate to the PS2 console and your done.
5) Place the Console in an upright position and connect all you cables
CONGRATULATIONS YOUR READY TO HAVE HOURS AND HOURS OF FUN AND NOT DAMAGE YOUR PLAYSTATION IN THE BARGAIN.
Posted by Carl... on
Mar 07, 2011 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
Feb 25, 2009 | Sony Playstation Home
1,031 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!