Tip & How-To about Canon PIXMA MX320 Color USB InkJet Printer
How to fix the printing problem when Canon
PIXMA MX320 series detected the errors in your cartridge?
I have a canon Pixma328 and have been refilling ink for black and color cartridges for quite sometime now. The cartridges are close but after I drilled a small hole on the top part of the cartridge using a small screw, there I find a way to refill the ink that I bought from an ink refill store. The procedure needs extra care, not to touch the contact point (copper) because its sensitive and not to damage the inner part of the cartridge when I insert the needles of the syringe used for transferring ink.
After refilling the cartridge, the next thing to do is to reset the cartridge. This will clear your printer from displaying common printer errors like U053, U051 and U052. The importance of the "reset the cartridge" procedure is to avoid the printer from detecting your cartridge as reused one. The steps below is recommended to do after refilling an ink cartridge.
1. Turn off your printer
2. Press and hold the STOP/RESET button
3. Press and hold Power ON button
4. While holding the Power ON button, release the STOP/RESET button
5. While holding still the Power ON button, press twice the STOP/RESET button
6. Release the Power ON button
7. Wait until it display an "idle" message. It will take about a minute.
8. When "idle" appear, open the top cover to expose the cartridges.
9. Lift up the cover for cartridge holder and take out both the black and color cartridges
10. Return the cover of cartridge holder and turn off the printer
11. Return the top cover and turn on the printer again
12. After the printer initialize, return the cartridges.
What happened when ink ran out from a refilled cartridge and the printer detected it?
The printer will display an error U162 or U163. All functions of the all-in-one printer will stop and your printer will not work. The next thing you will know is you are in the front of a computer shop and buy a genuine canon cartridge.
But wait, there is still a way to fix this. Reset it again using a different procedure. Reset the detections of reusable cartridge.
1. Turn off your printer an turn it on again
2. After the printer initialize try to copy or print. The error will appear.
3. When the error is displayed on the display panel of the printer, Press and Hold the STOP/RESET button and wait until it self restart.
4. Release the STOP/RESET button the the printer is restarting.
5. Wait for a few seconds and the pending print jobs will commence.
You can print as long as you want, refill the ink as long as you want and save a lot of money from buying a genuine canon cartridge by just following this simple tips for Canon Pixma MX320 and/or Canon Pixma MX328 all-in-one printer
For those who have replaced their ink cartridge before try to use that again and do follow this tip to make that work again.
Posted by Menandro... on
Jan 24, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX320 Color USB InkJet Printer
Dec 06, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX320 Color USB InkJet Printer
Nov 28, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX320 Color USB InkJet Printer
39,618 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!