Maybe, you have heard the similar complaints that “I recently changed Windows 7 Administrator password
because my son was downloading to many files, but now that I've got him
to stop download, I forgot Windows Administrator password, so when I
try to download, it will ask me for the administrator password, which I
don't know. I don't have any Windows password recovery disks and I can
download anything to help me with the password. Is there any way I can reset Windows 7 password without a Windows password reset disk or a download?” or the other user asked “I forgot Windows administrator password on my account using windows 7. I would still use the other accounts but they have parental controls. How can I reset Windows 7 password?”
There are countless pc users have the similar trouble of forgetting
Windows 7 Administrator password, and many of them are used to look for
help from , as following,
is indeed a fast and efficient way to seek out your answer. However,
only trouble is that you may not find the satisfied one from the
various answers. In order to meet those users, this article summarized
over four Windows 7 password recovery solutions, and some Windows help sites, like http://windows.microsoft.com . When you read this article, I hope you have got the final solution to recover Windows 7 Administrator password.
Solution 1: Reset Windows 7 password with Windows password reset disk
- 1. If you enter the wrong password when you
attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is
incorrect. Click OK to close the message.
- 2. Click Reset password, and then insert Windows password reset disk (or other removable media).
- 3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you
can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.
Reference: How to create Windows 7 password reset disk?
- The Windows password reset disk
cannot be used to reset the password on another computer. The password
reset disk cannot be used to reset the password on another computer.
- The Windows password reset disk
contains sensitive information. Other users may be able to use the
password reset disk to gain access to your computer. For this reason,
store this disk in a safe and secure location
Solution 2: Reset Windows 7 password with another admin account
- 1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten password.
- 2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button , typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- 3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
- 4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
- 5. Type and confirm the new password.
Solution 3: Reset Windows 7 password from the command prompt
In the command prompt you can monitor all the user of the computer by typing some commands.
- Press Win Key+R and type “cmd” in the Run command box and hit enter to open command prompt.
- Type “net user” in the command prompt and hit “Enter“. This will show all the users of the computer.
Now suppose that you want to change the password of the user “xyz“.
So type the following command and hit enter.
net user *
For instance in this example the user name is xyz. So the command should be
net user xyz *
Now in the comman prompt you will be prompted to enter a password for
the user. Note that the ****** format is not available here. Put your
password and hit “Enter
“. You have to retype the password again for confirmation
You have changed the password of the user without knowing the older
password of the user. It is a simple hack to change the password of any
user easily from the command prompt in Windows XP.
But the drawback of this technique is that you can’t reset Windows password
of the users if you do not have the Administrator privilege. So it is
quite hard to change the password of the users without logging in as
Solution 4: Reset Windows 7 password with Windows password reset CD
If you have neither another administrator nor Windows password reset disk, you’d better DIY a Windows password reset CD
to reset Windows 7 password
without reinstalling. Just following steps, even a novice is able to handle this Windows password recovery software
1. Download Windows Password Unlocker from Password Unlocker Official site
2. Decompress the Windows password unlocker
and note that there is an .ISO image file. Burn the image file onto a blank CD with the burner
freely supported by Password Unlocker.
3. Insert the Windows password reset CD
into the locked computer and re-boots it from the CD drive.
4. After launched the CD, a window pop up with all your account names
(if you have several accounts); select one of the accounts that you
have forgotten its password to reset it. Just one press, you have reset
Well, the four solutions are the popular Windows 7 password recovery
In addition, there are some good help sites which also provide detailed solutions to reset Windows 7 password
for those who forgot Windows Administrator password