Nokia life timer is a counter that keeps track of the Total call time of your phone. It will show how much the phone has been used, and it?s the best thing to check if you?re planning to buy a used Nokia Mobile.
To see the Total Call Time or the life timer counter, On the standby screen type the following code *#92702689# (Easy way to remember this is ? *#war0anty#). And it will pop up a message that shows the life timer in hours and minutes.
Here is a detailed procedure to make this life timer zero.
The following files are required to reset the life timer:
PROCEDURE:1. Download and Extract the lifetimer.pm file, and Download Nemesis Service Suite.2. Install Nemesis Service Suite on your Computer, It won?t take much time.(select the first option)3. Install Nokia Cable Drivers (No need to install, if you have Nokia PC Suite already installed)4. Connect The Phone in ?PC Suite? Mode to the PC5. Open Nemesis Service Software6. Click on ?Scan for new Device? Button on Top right Corner 7. It Will take a few seconds to scan, and it will load up the software interface after communicating with the Phone.8. Click the ?Phone Info? Button.
- Nemesis service suite link: Download from Here
- lifetimer.pm file: Download Here
9. On the Bottom, Select and open the ?Permanent Memory? Tab, which is next to the Fbus info.
10. Click the ?Write? button on Below right, and open the Extracted lifetimer.pm file on your PC.
11. After the lifetimer.pm file is opened , it will immediately start writing it to the Phone?s EEPROM Area.12. The Procedure will end when the progress bar reaches 20%. This is normal , and on the bottom right side, it will display its done.13. Unplug the Phone, and Restart it.14. After boot up, Check the life timer .
Note: This method has been tested on following devices: Nokia 6630, 6670, 6680, 5500 sport, 5700XM, 6110 Navigator, 6120 Classic, N70, N72, N73,N76, E50, E51, E61i, E65, N80, N91, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM Mobile devices. If you want to try it on other S60v3 or S60v5 mobiles, do it at your own risk.
- Power Failure During Writing will cause damage to the Phone, And there is a chance that it might brick the phone as well.
- Loose, worn out Data Cables Might fail the Writing process, and there are chances of damage to the EEPROM area of the phone.
By:- Mohammed Abdulhadi
- Do not attempt this with phones that are not included in the confirmed list.