Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
If you use Windows XP Professional then it is possible to squeeze an extra 20% out of your internet connection. By default Windows XP Pro holds back 20% of your Internet speed for various services like windows update and spyware checks.
If you want to tap into this locked speed then make the following changes:
1. Go to Start-> Run-> and type gpedit.msc
2. Expand the Administrative Templates branch
3. Expand the Network tab
4. Highlight QoS Packet Scheduler
5. Click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and check the enabled box
6. Then Change the Bandwidth limit % to 0 %
Once you have done this click apply and restart your PC. After rebooting you should see a noticeable improvement in your net speed.
Posted by sri_shet on
Feb 22, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 21, 2011 | YouTube Videos
Feb 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 17, 2011 | Gateway GT5656 Desktop PC
157 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!