Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Most of the notebooks that were manufactured in the past two-three years come with a HDMI port along with the old VGA port to connect your computer to an external display. Connecting and activating an external display on a Windows 7 machine is pretty simple.
Here is how to connect your Windows 7 installed notebook to an external display:
1. Connect your Windows 7 laptop to the external display using VGA or HDMI cable.
2. Then, switch on your Windows 7 laptop and also the external display.
3. Once Windows 7 is up and running, type Mobility Center in Start menu search area and hit enter to open the same.
4. If you have connected your Windows 7 machine to the external display properly, you should now see Display connected text under External display section of Windows Mobility Center. To use the connected external display, click Connect Display button. You should now see your Windows 7 desktop in the external display as well.
5. Use disconnect button in the Windows Mobility Center to disconnect the external display. When the display is connected and active, use Windows + P keys to quickly switch between these displays.
Posted by Codejhack on
Aug 02, 2013 | Philips 50PL9126D/37B 50" DLP TV
Jul 24, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Sep 10, 2011 | Acer Aspire 5735 Notebook
Sep 19, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
232 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!